I’m selling my car. It’s a silver (officially Heather Mist!) 1996 manual Honda Accord with 326,000 miles on it. It’s in pretty good shape. It was in an accident in the late 90s when someone pulled out in front of it, but otherwise it hasn’t had any accidents that I can recall. There are no significant dents. I’ve owned it since new. Maintenance has been regular. For the past five years or more, I’ve been using Auto Experts on Main Street (Blacksburg), so you can always ask there about it.
You don’t get to over 300,000 miles without some issues. Things have been replaced over the years, and I have most of the maintenance records. I honestly don’t recall what’s been done, but it’s the original engine. There are things that need work:
- The radio mostly doesn’t work.
- The A/C doesn’t work. Pretty sure this is a simple leak, but I’ve never got around to getting it fixed.
- It burns (not leaks) a bit of oil, so you have to keep an eye on the oil.
- Third gear sometimes requires double-clutching. This means it probably needs a new transmission fairly soon.
- There is no rust, but the paint has faded in places.
- The automatic door locking is flaky.
- The engine light stays on, but it’s been on for the past five years!
The miles are mostly highway miles. State inspection was done January, 2014.
I will only sell it in person, to someone local, in cash for $2,000 (or thereabouts). I will not provide the VIN online, but will provide it in person if you stop by.
540-200-8630 or email@example.com